Samorì lab location
The Lab is physically located in
Via S. Giacomo, 11, (it should be the location of the red marker in the map below)
Entrance coordinates: (44.496067, 11.355911 or +44° 29' 45.84", +11° 21' 21.28")
Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa
|we are on the upper floor,
while the mailing address is:
Department of Pharmacy and Biotechnologies
University of Bologna
Via Irnerio, 48 - Bologna 40126 Italy
phone +39-051-2094323- 2094388
send a message to the webmaster for info.
How to reach us:
In all cases, make sure to look up the maps below:
- By car: after leaving the highway ("Autostrada") that took you to Bologna (A14, A1, or A22), get on the ring ("Tangenziale") in the opportune direction (towards "S. Lazzaro" if coming from A1 and A22, toward "Casalecchio" if coming from A14) and take exit 11 (S. Vitale). After exiting the ring, drive towards the city center along Via Massarenti (that is where you should already find yourself), all the way to the remains of one of the medieval city doors, "Porta S. Vitale" (you will come to a traffic light in front of the door, after going by a big hospital on your left-hand side). At that light, turn right (you do not want to enter the city center). Immediately after turning right, go to the left-most lane and turn left to cross the boulevard and enter via S. Giacomo. As soon as you enter via S. Giacomo, in a little square, you see a big gate opened on a parking space / garden. The first building on the right after entering the gate is the location of the Samorì lab. You can park in via S. Giacomo, remembering to get a parking permit from the parcometers (they accept Euro coins). Alternatively, you can contact us (see above) about the possibility of parking for a longer term while visiting our lab.
- By train: after exiting the Bologna central railway station ("Bologna centrale"), you can find taxis waiting for customers in the station square. If you prefer to take the bus, you can buy bus tickets at any news-stand or at the automatic vending machine right out of the station main building, or at any ATC offices during businness hours (there is one in the station square too). Then cross the square in front of the main station building, also cross the boulevard that passes by the station, and then look for bus number 32. You have to get off the bus right after "Porta Zamboni," if you are not familiar with Bologna, you should probably ask the bus driver to tell you when it's time to get off. After getting off the bus right after porta Zamboni, walk in the bus direction on the same sidewalk until you can turn right. You will find yourself in via S. Giacomo, and you should see the big opened gate right before our lab building.
- By plane: After arriving at Bologna airport "G. Marconi" you can find a taxi in front of the airport exits, or buy a ticket (from the automatic vending machine or from the bur driver) to ride the "aerobus" that will take you to the city center or the railway station. We suggest you ride all the way to the railway station ("Bologna centrale") and then follow the directions above.
- Here you can find a very nice map of Bologna in pdf format. Our lab building coincides with marker #42.
- Here you can find a virtual tour of Bologna;
- This is the site of Bologna airport
- This is the Bologna bus company
- This is one of Bologna taxi companies